Most of what you do in your ministry to men will take place in and around your church. That said, there are unique opportunities to take advantage of something that God is doing in your region for men. The question then becomes, “How do we mobilize our men to an off site event?”
1. Pray – Ask God to mobilize the men of your church to go to the event.
– ask men, women, boys and girls to pray!
2. Find Champions – Delegate leadership of this event to a couple of champions
– these champions have a passion for the event
– these champions have posture with the men of the church
3. Register Together – Make the event your own by registering men as a group
– set up a station outside the sanctuary and personally invite men
– use technology like PowerPoint etc., to touch the men
– set up call teams so that every man gets a personal phone call
4. TravelTogether – Make the event your own by attending the event as a group
– meet for coffee or breakfast before heading out for the event
– recruit car captains who will invite men and coordinate travel
– sit together at the event, eat lunch together, process together
5. Follow Up – Make the event your own by planning ahead to follow it up
– make plans to stop for dinner or coffee on the way home
– plan a time of testimony the following Sunday morning
– set up an in house men’s event within the next month
– encourage new small groups to launch within the next 60 days
6. For Pastors – Your participation speaks volumes to the men. You need to be there!
An off site event can serve as a great resource and catalyst for your ministry to men. These events allow your leadership team to focus on relationship building and inviting men to join them versus expending most of their energy putting on an event. This year – consider a regional conference in the spring and a regional retreat in the fall as part of your church’s men’s ministry calendar.
*Are you listening to our daily radio program for men? Go to www.Man2ManExpress.com to hear today’s daily broadcast.